Terms & Policies
Airwallex Card Cashback Program
Last updated: 7 July 2022
1. These terms and conditions (‘Terms’) set out the terms and conditions of your (‘you’ or ‘your’) participation in the Airwallex Card Cashback Program operated by Airwallex Pty Ltd (‘Airwallex’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘we’) (‘Program’). The Airwallex Card Cashback Program allows you to receive a Cashback (defined below) from Airwallex into your Airwallex Account, subject to your eligibility under, and compliance with, these Terms.
2. By participating in the Program and/or receiving Cashback, you acknowledge and agree to these Terms.
Who is eligible to participate in the Airwallex Card Cashback Program?
3. Participation in the Airwallex Card Cashback Program is by invitation only and subject to these Terms. Airwallex reserves the right to determine who it selects to participate in the Program.
What is the Promotion Period?
4. Subject to clause 14, the Program commences at 00:01 AEDT on 7 July 2022 and ends at 11:59 AEDT on 31 December 2022 (‘Promotion Period’).
What is the Cashback?
5. If you are invited to participate in the Program, you will receive USD$200 after spending USD$2,000 (or its equivalent in a different currency) on an Eligible Purchase(s) (defined below) using an Airwallex Card (‘Cashback’).
6. In order to be eligible for a Cashback, you must transact the equivalent of USD$2,000 in Eligible Purchases using an Airwallex Card issued to you in connection with the Program.
7. Any Cashback that you are entitled to pursuant to these Terms will be credited to your Airwallex Account and in USD currency.
What is an Eligible Purchase?
8. An Eligible Purchase is any payment that is transacted with your Airwallex Card within sixty (60) calendar days of you passing Airwallex’s KYC (‘Know-Your-Customer’) requirements in connection with your Airwallex Account.
How is the Cashback calculated?
9. In determining the USD value of an Eligible Purchase, Airwallex will calculate the Eligible Purchase by reference to the currency sold to Airwallex. For example, if your purchase is in AUD, Airwallex will calculate the USD equivalent amount of the AUD by reference to the average currency rate at which the AUD is sold to Airwallex during that calendar month.
10. Airwallex, acting reasonably, may at any time and without prior notice to you, disqualify a transaction as an Eligible Purchase where it becomes necessary to do so (for instance, in accordance with our terms and policies, including Airwallex’s Acceptable Use Policy, which is available here: https://www.airwallex.com/au/terms/acceptable-use-policy).
When will you receive the Cashback?
11. Airwallex will monitor Eligible Transactions and determine your eligibility for a Cashback during the Promotion Period. If you are eligible for a Cashback, Airwallex will process the Cashback as soon as possible, however this may take up to sixty (60) calendar days from the end of the calendar month in which your make an Eligible Purchase.
Does it cost to participate in the Program?
12. Airwallex does not charge you to participate in the Program.
13. Airwallex accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from your receipt of a Cashback. You should seek independent financial advice on any potential tax impacts of this Promotion on you.
What are some other restrictions you should know?
14. Unless otherwise agreed in writing with you, Cashbacks in connection with the Program are not available in conjunction with any other offer, package or promotion. We reserve the right (in our absolute discretion) to reverse any Cashback that has been credited to you, if any Eligible Purchases are subsequently cancelled, suspended, frozen or refunded in accordance with our terms and policies.
Termination and changes
15. You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Program is not guaranteed and may be revoked at any time in Airwallex’s sole discretion in accordance with these Terms.
16. Airwallex may at any time and without prior notice, cancel, suspend, or change the Program where it reasonably considers it necessary to do so (for example, if we determine that the Program is no longer commercially feasible or because it may violate any applicable law). However, such discontinuation, suspension or change will not affect any Cashback that you have already validly earned as at the time of such discontinuation, suspension or change in accordance with these Terms.
17. Further, Airwallex reserves the right, at our sole discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, to disqualify you from participating in the Program if we suspect that you are using (or enabling another entity to use) the Program in a fraudulent or unlawful manner or for a fraudulent or unlawful purpose, or if you are in breach of any of these Terms or any other terms and conditions that you have agreed to with Airwallex, and cancel, suspend, or change these Terms as appropriate to mitigate against further occurrences of such fraudulent or unlawful conduct.
18. If Airwallex reasonably believes that a change to any part of the Program will have a detrimental impact on you, Airwallex will provide you with fourteen (14) days’ notice of such change. You acknowledge and agree that such notice may be given to you:
via the Airwallex website;
via the Airwallex Webapp; and/or
by direct electronic communications sent to your nominated electronic mailing address.
20. For further information about the Program or these Terms, please contact us on [email protected] (Subject: Airwallex Card Cashback Program).