Embedded Fields Integration
When capturing a Stored Credential for the first time
- Create payment method Element and display Element on your website
- Create a Customer if it is a new customer and save the Customer ID returned
- (Option 1) Generate a client secret for a Customer and save
- (Option 2) Create Payment Intent for the order with the customer ID. You will get client_secret returned. This step is only needed for shopper wishes to pay for the first order in the payment method binding process.
- Create payment consent and save
Consent IDfor subsequent transactions
When initiating a subsequent transaction using a Stored Credential
A. For subsequent Subscription and Autodebit (MIT) transactions:
B. For subsequent Oneclick (CIT) transactions:
- Create payment_intents with customer id to request payment for this order. You will get
customer_payment_consentsof this customer saved. Retrieve card information by using these 2 parameters and you are ready to display to your customer payment methods.
- Create Element and display the payment methods options to your customer.
- Confirm payment_intents with payment_consent_id to request payment