Desktop/Mobile Website Browser
Accept E.SUN payments on your website by redirecting shopper to E.SUN payment page. See checkout process below:
- The shopper chooses to check out with Taiwan Bank Transfers
- The shopper is redirected to ID Authentication page a. If this is the first purchase of current account, the shopper completes ID Authentication via Bank portal where they provide their bank account b. If not the first purchase, the shopper completes ID Authentication with ID number and a token sent to their mobile phone
- The shopper is redirected to the payment information page where a Transaction ID and PIN Code are generated
- The shopper takes the Transaction ID and PIN Code to any ATM to make the payment
- The ATM issues a receipt
- The payment is confirmed and the status is updated as paid
Create a PaymentIntent object with a
currency and a
merchant_order_id from your backend server.
To be able to display E.SUN ATM and Internet Banking as a payment option on your checkout page, you need to get available payment methods from Airwallex API.
When the PaymentIntent is created, send a
GET request with parameters
transaction_mode to API endpoint
/api/v1/pa/config/payment_method_types to query for a list of available payment method based on the information provided. The response will also contain the required fields and necessary resources of each payment method for you to display them on your page.
Response: Render payment methods in
items to show all available payment methods to the shopper at checkout page.
Alternatively, you can maintain available payment methods and corresponding resources locally on your server if you do not want to use this API endpoint. However, we highly recommend you get available payment methods dynamically from this API to avoid any trouble when payment method information or resources get updated.
When a shopper selects to pay with E.SUN on their desktop/mobile browser, call the following API endpoints to get the URL in
next_action which you can use to redirect the shopper to E.SUN payment page to complete the payment.
- Obtain URL from Airwallex and redirect shopper to E.SUN payment page
- Wait for notification from Airwallex
Airwallex will notify you on the payment result asynchronously via the webhook API. Please refer to webhook documentation to set up your webhook accordingly. Although subscribing to different events is optional, it is recommended to at least subscribe to the
payment_intent.succeeded which indicates that the shopper has successfully paid for the order via E.SUN.
- Query the PaymentIntent status
You may also query the status of a payment anytime via the PaymentIntents API