Desktop/Mobile Website Browser
Accept Sofort payments on your website by redirecting shopper to Sofort payment page. See checkout process below:
- The shopper selects Sofort as their preferred payment method
- The shopper is redirected to Sofort payment page where a list of supported banks are presented
- The shopper selects their preferred bank and authenticates using their login credentials and TAN to confirm the payment
- The shopper is redirected back to the merchant’s page where payment result is displayed
Create a PaymentIntent object with a
currency and a
merchant_order_id from your backend server.
To be able to display Sofort. as a payment option on your checkout page, you need to get available payment methods from Airwallex API.
When the PaymentIntent is created, send a
GET request with parameters
transaction_mode to API endpoint
/api/v1/pa/config/payment_method_types to query for a list of available payment method based on the information provided. The response will also contain the required fields and necessary resources of each payment method for you to display them on your page.
Response: Render payment methods in
items to show all available payment methods to the shopper at checkout page.
Alternatively, you can maintain available payment methods and corresponding resources locally on your server if you do not want to use this API endpoint. However, we highly recommend you get available payment methods dynamically from this API to avoid any trouble when payment method information or resources get updated.
When a shopper selects to pay with Sofort. on their desktop browser, call the following API endpoints to get the URL which you can redirect the shopper to Sofort. payment page to complete payment.
- Obtain URL from Airwallex and redirect shopper to Sofort. payment page
Response: Render the value of
url to redirect shoppers to Sofort. payment page.
- Wait for notification from Airwallex
Airwallex will notify you on the payment result asynchronously via the webhook API. Please refer to webhook documentation to set up your webhook accordingly. Although subscribing to different events is optional, it is recommended to at least subscribe to the
payment_intent.succeeded which indicates that the shopper has successfully paid for the order via Sofort.
- Query the PaymentIntent status
You may also query the status of a payment anytime via the PaymentIntents API