Configure payment methods
Set up the payment methods you want you offer, and customize how they are shown to your shoppers during checkout.
- Log in to your Magento admin panel.
- In the left navigation bar, go to Stores > Configuration. In the menu, go to Sales > Payment Methods.
- Click Configure in Airwallex section of Recommended solutions. on your Magent site. Click Airwallex API Setting within the Plugin you need to configure.
- Enter your Client ID, API Key and Webhook Secret Key obtained from your Airwallex account (please see where and how to obtain the credentials in the next section).
- Choose the Mode > Demo if you wish to test before going live. If unselected, you will begin accepting payments with Airwallex immediately. Enter all details again for Demo mode. The new details will not remove the previously entered detail for Prod mode.
- Select the Yes checkbox, if you wish to save logs for debugging purposes, and Save Config to proceed.
Credit Card setup
- Enter a Title (required) and Description (optional) seen by the shopper during checkout.
- The Title is shown at the payment method option on the Checkout Page and also within the Order showing how the shopper paid (e.g. “Credit Card” as shown in the screenshot below)
- Select a Payment Action of an order when the payment associated with the order is to be captured.
- Save Config to complete the configuration.
Setup and configuration may vary for different payment methods. For example, steps mentioned above are partially applicable to Credit Card NOT Wechat Pay and other payment methods.
In order to utilize Airwallex APIs API within the Plugin and let us take care of payment from your shoppers easily, you will need to get Airwallex’s API credentials as well as Webhook Secret Key from your Airwallex account.
Webhooks are used by Airwallex to communicate with your site. It provides information such as the status of the payment, and updates the order based on events associated with the payment.
To obtain the required credentials and assuming you have created your Airwallex account, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Account > Developer section on your Airwallex web app.
- For sandbox testing please use your demo account here: https://demo.airwallex.com/app1/login
- For live production setup please use your usual Airwallex account here: https://www.airwallex.com/app1/login
- You can see and copy the required API credentials from the Developer Keys section “Client API key”
- Below the Developer keys section, you can see and copy the required Webhook Secret Key from the Webhook section. This will later be copied into the required fields within the Airwallex plugin. To access the Webhook Secret Key, you will first need to click the reveal button and then enter your Airwallex account password to be able to copy and paste.
In your Airwallex account on the web app, you will be able to see the performance of received payments at both holistic and granular transaction levels. For each order placed on your Magento website, you will be able to see the record of the associated payment and take certain actions when applicable.
If you are not familiar with the Airwallex web app, see User Guide link to take advantage of your account and manage your funds efficiently.